Monday, September 7, 2009

My Labor Day Creation


I had so much fun making this card.  I watched the entire series on the Discovery Channel of the African Expedition and every time they showed the introduction it would be a brief view of something similar to this scene albeit much prettier -- but I have dreamed of creating this scene.  Finally after many birthday cards later I had a chance to get with it today.  The giraffes are by Rubber Stampede.  I sponged the sky first with Summer Sun and then Tangerine Tango and More Mustard.    I masked off the bottom half of the card to do the sky.  Made a mask for the sun also.  Stamped the giraffes and clear embossed them and colored them in with a black marker.  I wanted them to be in the dark.  Sponged on the foilage with Old Olive and used my SU Touch of Nature (one of the stamps) for the bush.  Choclate Chip was used for sponging the ground and Basic Black.  I thought it was one of my better scenes.  I love to make scenery more than layers, just the nature of the beast I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are so kind to leave a comment - it is very much appreciated!