Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daydreams of a Young Lad



I was very pleased with the way this turned out.  For some reason I seem to have better luck in designing landscapes.  I guess it's because I love doing them so much.  I just love working with alcohol inks.  The background in this one was created with alcohol inks.  I just adore this young lad.  I know he was a freebie from Digital Two for Tuesday.  The picture was actually larger but I cropped it out because it looks like he's sitting on the end of a pier looking out - actually I think he's sitting on the end of a boat.  I did color him just a tad with my watercolor pencils.  The ship is from the SU set called Winds of Grace.  I love this set of stamps.  I use them quite often.  I used my white gel pen to sketch in the waves and the birds.  Touched up the sail just a tiny bit so it wouldn't fade into the sunset.  Added the little ships stern ( I think that's what it is)  and voila.  Hope you like as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are so kind to leave a comment - it is very much appreciated!