Saturday, October 2, 2010

BELIEVE IN SANTA



This weeks challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show is for distressed and sanded.  Hmmm - me had to think a bit on the sanded part.  I don't do a lot of sanding although I do have Tim's sander.  This is my fabulous new stamp set I purchased last weekend by Tim Holtz.  I'm in the mood for Christmas - okay okay, well at least I haven't started as early as Hobby Lobby - tee hee - they have Christmas trees out in July.  I just couldn't wait to use this set.  I took at class at Archivers a couple weeks ago and we used this stamp and I just fell in love with it. How many more Santas can one person have I ask?  Anywho, after distressing  the edges along with Vintage Photo distress ink, I colored a bit with my prisma pens the suit since I wanted it to stand out more.  Then I went back and sponged over it with vintage photo to tone it down.  I sanded the fragment for the frosted look and stamped a tiny sprig of evergreen to the back.  I love my fragments. Used a little twine and stamped a ticket, added some red berry bling and voila.  You rock my world Santa.

1 comment:

  1. and you ROCK the Distress/Sanded world!!! what a great idea to sand the fragment!!! Fab Job!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

You are so kind to leave a comment - it is very much appreciated!