Thursday, September 24, 2009

Falling Leaves


This is an entry into the weekly challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ . I ordered some DP by Basic Grey and I couldn't wait to use it. Here are the deets for this card:
DP is from the Indian Summer series called Maple Sugar.
The CS is Bazzil called Feather Boa.
Bis Shot for Spellbinders leaves and verse bg.
Verse stamp by ODB.
To make the leaves I started with a piece of white CS. I brayered Tim Holtz distresed ink Tea Dye over the paper. Then I used the pad of Aged Mahogany and Dried Marigold and just randomly swiped across the brayered page. It looks real splotchy but when you cut out the leaves with Spellbinders it comes out looking like a beautiful leaf. The cream colored leaf is just a piece of CS. I can't seem to get over the fall theme. It's my favorite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are so kind to leave a comment - it is very much appreciated!